資料提示：1) You____ all those clothes! We have a washing machine to do that sort of thing A) needn't have washed B) shouldn't have ...|
1) You____ all those clothes! We have a washing machine to do that sort of thing|
A) needn't have washed B) shouldn't have washed
C) must not have washed D) can not have washed
2) John's score on the test is the highest in the class; he____ last night.
A) should study B) should have studied C) must have studied D) must have to study
3) The room is in a terrible mess; it ____cleaned. (CET-4, 1996,6)
A) can't have been B) shouldn't have been C) mustn't have been D) wouldn't have been
4) Nobody knows how people first came to these islands. They ____ from South America on rafts.
A) must have sailed B) can sail C) might have sailed D) should have sailed
5) Mary was not in her bedroom yesterday afternoon. She ____ in her classroom.
A) should have been B) must have been C) must be D) should be
6) Bob said he was going to join our club but he didn't. He ____ his mind.
A) can't have changed B) wouldn't have changed
C) must have changed D) shouldn't have changed
7) You____ to town to see the film yesterday. It will be on TV tonight.
A) needn't go B) had better not go C) should not go D) needn't have gone
8) We____ the letter yesterday, but it didn't arrive.
A) must receive B) ought to receive C) must have received D) ought to have received
9) With all the work on hand, he____ to the cinema last night.
A) mustn't go B) shouldn't have gone C) could not go D) couldn't have gone
10) Eve was late for class again. She ____earlier.
A) should get up B) must get up C) need to get up D) should have got up
11) I am feeling sick. I____ so much chocolate.
A) needn't have eaten B) couldn't have eaten
C) mustn't have eaten D) shouldn't have eaten
12) I didn't send out my application form last week, but I ____.
A) had B) would do C) should have D) might have to
13) Walking alone in the deserted village, John was scared. He thought he____ Tom to go with him.
A) might have asked B) should asked C) must have asked D) should have asked
14) When I got to the cinema, the film had already started; I____ there earlier.
A) ought to get B) ought to have got C) must have got D) must get
15) The road was muddy. It____ last night.
A) must rained B) must have rained C) must be rained D) could have rained
16) She can speak quite fluent English. She____.
A) must been in the U.S.A. for some time
B) must have been in the U.S.A. for some time
C) should have been in the U.S.A. for some time
D) May be in the U.S.A. for some time
17) You should bear in mind that he is not so strong as he____.
A) was used to be B) used to be C) was used to D) use to
18)“We didn't see him at the exhibition yesterday.”“He ___it.”
A) mustn't visit B) can't have visited C) should have gone to see D) may see
19) Mary ____my letter, otherwise she would have replied before now.
A) should have received B) has received
C) Couldn't have received D) ought to have received
20) I ____ you a valuable present for your birthday, but I was short of money.
A) would have liked to give B) liked to give
C) have liked to give D) would like to give
21)“Where ____ my umbrella?”“Somebody ____ it away by mistake.”
A) is, must have taken B) is, must take C) have been, must take D) is, takes
22) What ____ would happen if the director knew you felt that way?
A) will you suppose B) you suppose C) do you suppose D) you would suppose
23) Two eyes ____see more than one.
A) can B) may C) will D) should
24) ____ you continue in your efforts and achieve new and greater successes.
A) Would B) Will C) May D) Should
25) We ought to help each other in our work, ____?
A) oughtn't we B) should we C) shouldn't we D) ought to we
26) Tom ____ better than to ask Dick for help.
A) shall know B) shouldn't know C) has known D) should have known
27) You ____ your tooth pulled out before it rot completely.
A) had better got B) had to get better C) had better to get D) had better get
28) When we got to the cinema, the film hasn't started yet, so we ____.
A) needn't hurry B) didn't need hurry C) needn't to hurry D) needn't have hurried
29) It was really very dangerous; you ____ him seriously.
A) might have injured B) could injure C) should have injured D) must injure
30) As he had heart attack, he was told that he ____ continue the work.
A) needn'tB) may not C) mustn't D) can't
31) An Englishman who ____not speak Italian was once traveling in Italy.
A) must B) could C) may D) might
32) I ____like to make a suggestion.
A) could B) would C) must D) might
33) I know things are hard with you, but you ____try to get over the difficulties.
A) can B) may C) must D) ought
34 I can't find the recorder in the room. It ____ by somebody.
A) may have been taken away B) may leave C) may take away D) must have taken away
35) He ____the 9:20 train because he didn't leave home till 9:25.
A) can reach B) could catch C) may not catch D) couldn't have caught
1)A 2)C 3)A 4)C 5)B 6)C 7)D 8)D 9)D 10)D
11)D 12)C 13)D 14)B 15)B 16)B 17)B 18)C 19)C 20)A
21)A 22)C 23)A 24)C 25)A 26)D 27)D 28)D 29)A 30)C
31)B 32)B 33)C 34)A 35)D